ATS AURORA 3000 VFR TURBO FITS 2011-2014 6.7L POWER STROKE
ATS Aurora VFR 3000 Turbocharger Assembly
Fitment: 2011-2014 Ford 6.7L Power Stroke (Twin-scroll only)
Not your typical remanufactured turbocharger. This turbo has upgraded ball bearing packs that are far superior to the factory Ford bearings. The factory turbo charger fails prematurely because of the extra load exerted by the heavy double back compressor wheel. This failure has been eliminated with the upgrade of our HD bearing pack. This turbo is an excellent upgrade over stock when being used to simply replace your failed turbo charger or upgrade the power of your 6.7L Power Stroke diesel. This turbo charger will not replace a cab and chassis style turbocharger.
NOTE: This Aurora VFR turbocharger is designed and tested to be used in conjunction with all factory after-treatment systems intact.
- Removal of any after-treatment devices will cause a turbocharger overspeed condition and major damage to the bearing system can occur.
- All factory emissions systems must be intact for warranty coverage of your Aurora VFR Series turbocharger.
- Maintaining oil quality and using correct viscosity recommended per manufacturer guidelines is required to keep turbocharger warranty in effect.
- ATS recommends letting any turbocharger cool down for upwards of 2 minutes after driving or towing under harsh conditions, this prevents "oil coking" and subsequent bearing failure by keeping bearings cooled and lubricated while oil is still extremely hot.
- Upgraded steel ball bearing packs
- High-temperature stainless vane pack
- New HSM bearing housing
- New HSM compressor housing
- New solenoid
- New electronics
- Uses factory pedestal and quick connect lines.
2011 MODEL OWNERS - see the "Warranty Details" tab above for an IMPORTANT TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
⚠ IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2011 MODEL YEAR OWNERS!:
Many of the cab & chassis trucks and 2011 model year 6.7 pickups have faulty intake and exhaust valves and are breaking pieces off into the engine, this is causing major damage to the turbine side of the turbocharger and will unbalance the turbine enough to take out the ball bearings after only a few miles.
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 12-11-11 Date of Issue: November 16 2012
FORD: 2011 F-Super Duty
Some F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine and built on or before 3/29/2011 may exhibit a runs rough or no crank concern. DTCs P0671, P0672, P0673, P0674, P0675, P0676, P0677, and/or P0678 may be stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The glow plug circuit DTCs may also be accompanied by cylinder misfire DTCs, cylinder contribution DTCs or other engine performance DTCs.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
1. Does the vehicle exhibit a runs rough, no crank concern with any of the following DTCs P0671, P0672, P0673, P0674, P0675, P0676, P0677, and/or P0678?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
- Yes – proceed to Step2.
2. Remove and inspect the glow plug associated with glow plug circuit DTC present. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-07C. Is the glow plug damaged?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to the PC/ED manual for normal diagnosis.
- Yes – replace the engine long block. Refer to WSM, Section 303-01C.
- i. For prior approval warranty repairs, complete cost cap tool by selecting short block, both cylinder heads, oil cooler and 16 lifters.
Part Number Part Name
BC3Z-6006-F Long block
BC3Z-6079-B Installation Kit